Friday fashion round up

This week my usual fashion round up will be concentrating on the annual Serpentine Gallery Summer Party.

Or as I am going to rename it: the place where once good outfits go to die.

I've rounded up the best (of which there are few) and my least favourite looks from the event which you can see below. These are the celebs that either have not got the memo about the dress code or have divided opinion - either way its a frocky horror show. And don't even get me started on the fact I could see Tracey Emin's thong through her sheer dress, my eyes are still burning.

First up its two ladies who were all white on the night (see what I did there) - Lydia Hearst wearing an embroidered white gown (by Temperley maybe or vintage?) and a suprisingly well turned out Misha Barton.

Points to Mischa to getting it right this time in a Luisa Beccaria gown, but I still feel improvements could have been made. For example the bag might have been better held as a clutch and I feel like the dress is too much of one colour - how about a statement necklace or belt to break it up next time.

Mischa Barton and Lydia Hearst at the Serpentine Summer Party

Donna Air wore a metallic print short suit with Prada lipstick heels - a fabulous combo if I ever saw one. Meanwhile, Amber Le Bon was also understated but elegant in a forest freen dress and nude lace up sandals with silver jewellery.

Donna Air and Amber Le Bon arriving

For me though the two best dressed had to be stylist Caroline Sieber and model Cara Delevingne who both wore Chanel.

Sieber teamed her vintage cap sleeve dress with the perfect black Louboutin heels, whilst Cara matched her black gown with a Chanel clutch, on-trend ear cuff and top knot to perfection!

Stylist Caroline Sieber and Cara Delevingne, both wearing Chanel

See more looks after the jump



Now I am moving swiftly on to those who could, and should, have tried harder.

First up its Erin O'Connor and Jaime Winston. There is nothing wrong with either of these looks per se, but I don't think they are right for a summer party.

Midnight blue and black lace kind of screams Autumn/Winter at me whilst Erin should have left her fishnets at home as the result is somewhere between a flapper and lady of the night / transvestite.

Jaime Winston and model Erin O'Connor wearing a Leon Max dress

More mayhem and 'lost invite in the post moments' now as Josephine de la Baume goes too casual by teaming a Jonathan Saunders rose-print shirt with a leopard-print jacket and black trousers. Oh and bad hair.

At the other end of the scale was Azealia Banks, who performed during the party, wore a Moschino Cheap & Chic sequin dress and orange jelly shoes. No matter how much you try and convince me how fashion forward this look is nothing will ever convince me that jelly shoes are a valid footwear option. Ever!

Lastly, I am equally offended by Bip Ling's Marge Simpson hair do' as I am by Suki Waterhouse's thunderous facial expression. Maybe its the fault of her crazy eyebrows but she does not look happy to be there! I feel like that Roberto Cavalli maxi dress warrants a happy, smiley face and preferably some hippy flowers in her hair to match. Someone like Sienna or Poppy Delevingne would have worn it better, just saying!



As always let me know your thoughts on this week's round up!

Ps. The next few posts will be scheduled as I'm away in Paris for work.



No comments:

Post a Comment