This Little Girl Loves: Paper London

Last week I was invited along to the PAPER London AW 13 press day by the lovely ladies at BPCM. Held at BPCM HQ near Farringdon, the PAPER team were in attendance to talk me through the beautiful new season collection - which launches online this week - over a spot of breakfast. Now I may have scoffed a scone or four in my face, but that didn't stop me taking a few snaps of the range which you can see below, as well as watching the short video that accompanies the launch of the new season, and details some of the inspiration behind it.


What I enjoyed most about the AW 13 collection were some of the textured pieces on offer including a high shine patent leather found on tops, skirts and one wide collar coat, and a touchy-feely raffia on slim-fit jackets and trousers. Structured silk cocktail dresses and a wool blend quilted coat that looked oh so comfy were other favourites. The colour palette was also striking and spanned from cool mint to a more vivid green, a regal emerald, royal blue, bright whites (updated for autumn in aforementioned patent leather) and not forgetting classic navy and black.

Shape-wise PAPER stuck to its signature aesthetic of clean, sharp lines with an emphasis on bold graphics and prints. Just check out the intarsia knits for further proof including a new-for-the-season range of men's jumpers which I'm sure will be just as popular as the women's.



See more of the collection after the jump








Bio: PAPER London was created by founders Kelly Townsend and Philippa Thackeray and honours its British roots by ensuring each garment is produced in London to the highest standard. To find out more, and to shop the full collection visit the website here.

My thanks to the lovely ladies at BPCM for inviting me along to the press breakfast and my apologies for the delay in getting this post up - I'm between jobs at the moment so this past week has been an endless procession of interviews. Cross your fingers I get at least one offer.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, Jealous! Those colours are so pretty.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete