Accesssorise Me: London Fashion Week SS14 Highlights

On the last day of London Fashion Week I hit the exhibition at Somerset House to see what the host of jewellery, accessory and ready-to-wear brands exhibiting had in store for us for Spring Summer 2014. 

I saw some truly beautiful collections so I decided to split these images across two posts. What you see below is the best of returning exhibitors and Little Girl Lost favourites, whilst the later post will cover new brand launches for the season. 

My first stop of the day was to jewellery label Fiona Paxton (thanks to the lovely team there who gave me a tote bag to carry all my press releases in) which I've had a love affair with as long as I can remember. This October marks the fifth birthday of Fiona Paxton and to celebrate the brand is collaborating with East End destination lifestyle store Pitfield. Getting back to the collection, pattern and texture remain the inspiration, with many pieces featuring stones hand beaded onto fabric to create the draped collars the brand is best known for. These sit next to more sculptural pieces such as metal stack rings and earrings in gold, rose gold and silver highlighted with Swarovski. I was particularly drawn to the antique pink stones as I think they'll work perfectly with next summer's romantic streak. 

Collections by super-shoe designer Sophia Webster and directional jewellery brand Lola Rose Boutique followed, as well as a trip to see Halo & Co (you may not have heard of them yet but if jewellery did couture they would be top dog) and lastly I couldn't resist the allure of Maria Francesca Pepe. MFP's S/S 14 line 'Tropical Souvenir' takes inspiration from vintage postcards sent from exotic locales - think Jamaica, Africa, Brazil, Barbados and Hawaii - for a collection that is both fierce and refined. 

I hope you enjoy my edit, there's more coming soon - in the meantime check out my instagram to see more great brands and my LFW outfits.



See More after the jump 













No comments:

Post a Comment